Managing a MySQL Database in phpMyAdmin
To manage a MySQL database using phpMyAdmin, first you need to login to your cPanel account and then follow this guide.
1. Click on the 'phpMyAdmin' icon, which can be found in the Database section of your cPanel home screen.
Note: This will open a new window showing the phpMyAdmin home screen.
2. On the left hand panel click on the database you wish to manage.
3. To save the database to your computer, click 'Export'.
4. In the section titled Export, select the tables you wish to save or click 'Select All'.
5. Select the 'Save as file' checkbox and then click 'Go'
6. Select the 'Save File' checkbox and then click 'OK'
7. You have now saved the database to your computer.
Note: We recommend that you save your database on a regular basis
For further reading we recommend visiting the phpMyAdmin Documentation site at http://www.phpmyadmin.net/documentation/
or the phpMyAdmin Wiki at http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Welcome_to_phpMyAdmin_Wiki
These pages can also be accessed from the links on the homepage of your phpMyAdmin.
Was this answer helpful?
cPanel provides a quick and easy method to access your Login page or Webmail Login page by...
Updating your contact info allows you to change the main email address used to contact you...
Redirecting mail allows a copy of email sent to an address to be forwarded to another email...
To create a new POP email account, first you need to login to your cPanel account and then follow...
Styles or skins determine the look of the cPanel interface when viewed in your web browser, there...