Managing a MySQL Database in phpMyAdmin
To manage a MySQL database using phpMyAdmin, first you need to login to your cPanel account and then follow this guide.
1. Click on the 'phpMyAdmin' icon, which can be found in the Database section of your cPanel home screen.
Note: This will open a new window showing the phpMyAdmin home screen.
2. On the left hand panel click on the database you wish to manage.
3. To save the database to your computer, click 'Export'.
4. In the section titled Export, select the tables you wish to save or click 'Select All'.
5. Select the 'Save as file' checkbox and then click 'Go'
6. Select the 'Save File' checkbox and then click 'OK'
7. You have now saved the database to your computer.
Note: We recommend that you save your database on a regular basis
For further reading we recommend visiting the phpMyAdmin Documentation site at http://www.phpmyadmin.net/documentation/
or the phpMyAdmin Wiki at http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Welcome_to_phpMyAdmin_Wiki
These pages can also be accessed from the links on the homepage of your phpMyAdmin.
Was this answer helpful?
A cron job is a scheduled task that takes place at predetermined times on the server. To create a...
To use File Manager, first you will need to login to your cPanel account and then follow this...
Error pages are displayed to Internet users when any one of a variety of errors occur, such as...
Redirecting mail allows a copy of email sent to an address to be forwarded to another email...
Password protecting a directory will require users to enter a username and password to access a...