Creating an FTP account
To create an FTP account, first you need to login to your cPanel account and then follow this guide.
1. Click the 'FTP Accounts' icon, which can be found in the Files section of your cPanel home screen.
2. In the 'Login' field, enter a username for the account.
3. In the 'Password' field, enter a password for the account.
4. In the 'Password (Again)' field, re-enter the new password.
Note: Remember to use a secure password, if you require help with a secure password, click the 'Password Generator' button.
5. In the 'Quota' field, either enter a size for the new account manually or check the unlimited field.
6. Click the 'Create FTP Account' button, your new account will be created and saved in the Account Management section.
Note: In the Account management listing, you can delete an account, edit the quota size, change the password and configure an FTP client.
Was this answer helpful?
For new users of cPanel the easiest method of backing up your site is to use the Backup Wizard,...
Error pages are displayed to Internet users when any one of a variety of errors occur, such as...
A Default (catchall) email account will accept any email that is sent to a non-existant email...
Redirecting mail allows a copy of email sent to an address to be forwarded to another email...
A parked domain is an additional domain that points to your existing account, allowing visitors...